How do I become a Certified IPM Turf Practitioner?
An individual can become a Certified IPM Turf Practitioner if they:
- Complete a training program as prescribed by the Standards Committee that encompasses theoretical and applied aspects of integrated pest management in turf and landscapes or have other credentials that satisfy the training requirement.
- Pass an examination as set by the Standards Committee, at a minimum 75% score.
- Pay the examination fee (See: Fee Structure). Fee covers cost of writing of examination, administration of the certification data management system, and annual tracking of CEC’s.
Study material for Landscape is the Sustainable Turf manual. Copies can be ordered ($35.00 plus shipping) from email@example.com or Click here to access a pdf copy: Sustainable Turf Manual – 2003 edition
Golf Courses Certification
Plant Health Atlantic currently recommend the following study materials for certification on Golf Courses
– OMAF Publication #384: “Turf grass Management Recommendations” $20.00
– OMAF Publication #162: “Diseases and Insects of Turf in Ontario” $20.00
– OMAF Publication #816: “Turf IPM Manual” $20.00
OMAF Publications are available from:
Publications Ontario, 1-888-466-2372, or on-line at
or direct order by Emailing Dave McCafferty Administrator
When can I write my exam?
When you are ready to write contact Dave McCafferty Administrator who will arrange a location for writing.